SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Message-ID<slrnlsckg6.pkj.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsPeterN
Followupsnospam (4h & 24m)
PeterN (6h & 23m) > Sandman
PeterN (6h & 27m) > Sandman

In article <lq3ksi0feu@news1.newsguy.com>, PeterN wrote:

PeterN
Which model of any smart phone has no moving parts?

nospam
all of them.

buttons and switches do not count since those do not store data and even if one fails, the data is intact.

you really have no clue, do you?

Eric Stevens
You really have difficulty in expressing what you mean. You previously wrote "a cloud outage might be annoying, but the data won't be lost" when you really meant a cloud outage might be annoying, but the data won't be lost as it should be stored in a copy else where.

Now you say smartphones are "*more* secure since there are no moving parts to fail" when you really meant smartphones are *more* secure since there are no moving parts to fail except buttons and switches which do not store data.

Are you really saying that it is not possible for the failure of a button or switch to cause the loss of data? You will have to be very brave to say that: just because you don't know or can't think of an example doesn't mean it can't happen.

PeterN
Funny. The problem with my old iPhone was a broken internal switch.

What "switch" was this? You say it's an internal component, and the topic was "moving parts" so you seem to imply that inside your iPhone there was a mechanical physically moving "switch" that was broken. Having seen the insides of many iPhones (I have a friend that repair them), I can assure you that no such switch exists.

The phone would turn on and off, but nothing could be accessed. According t the good folks at the Apple store the diagnostic code was a bad internal switch, or something like that. It cold not be repaired. Perhaps I should have sent nospam to argue with them.

Since the topic was data loss, are you here claiming that this internal "switch" failing also made your phone backup fail? Or are you saying that in spite of your iPhone explictly asking you to, and Apple providing it for free, you declined automatic backup of your phone?

Because if you didn't decline, and you had backup, then your replacement iPhone would just ask for your iCloud credentials and then just restore your new phone with all the data from your old phone.

So regardless of this "internal switch" whatever that is supposed to mean, your phone data - while unrecoverable inside your old phone - was not actually lost since you're smart enough to utilize the automatic and free of charge backup mechanism in iCloud (or the automatic free of charge backup mechanism in iTunes if you distrust the cloud).

-- Sandman[.net]

nospam (4h & 24m)
PeterN (6h & 23m) > Sandman
PeterN (6h & 27m) > Sandman