Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromEric Stevens
Date07/24/2014 05:59 (07/24/2014 15:59)
Message-ID<6011t9di8pm6hab1ahfh2e4ape2r53gcff@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (11h & 20m)

On Wed, 23 Jul 2014 23:04:11 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <4vc0t997civ0tndejp78pvgoeijm9d14n8@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Whisky-dave
The part that plugs into the wall is the power supply unit or PSU and adapter combined, because it adapts the mains power to DC that the laptop uses to run the laptop and charge the battery. Some call them power bricks.

nospam
so you agree that it's called a power supply, although it does have other names too.

Eric Stevens
Like 'battery charger'.

nospam
nope.

a battery charger does just that, charge batteries, usually removing the battery from the device and inserting them into the charger.

that's different than a power supply, which powers the device and which may also charge a battery while the battery is still in the device.

Eric Stevens
THat's strange. I run my phone, iPad, Kindle etc off their internal batteries all the time. Every now and then I connect them to the power block

nospam
power block! a new name!

Eric Stevens
to 'charge the batteries'. No matter what you call them, I generally call them 'chargers' - as in "Where is the charger for the iPad?".

nospam
as i said before, and as you show above, they carry many names.

... and irrespective of what they are called, they are not power supplies for the device. They are power supplies for the device's battery. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

nospam (11h & 20m)