Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Sandman
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
Message-ID<slrnlt4avh.9u6.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (14h & 8m) > Sandman

In article <jq74t9537bumrh2efj5i3mo5f8mblq85po@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman
It won't fit in a battery charger, so you'd better plug in the adapter plug that connects the PMIC to your wall socket which in turn powers your iPad while also charging the battery.

How many days will you argue about this this time?

Eric Stevens
I can stop at this point.

Sandman
Ah, that's why you didn't argue any more below... Oh..

See what I mean? You can argue about anything for days and days.

Eric Stevens
It doesn't supply power itself and is not a power supply.

Sandman
A PSU does NOT supply power itself. It has a power *input* and a power *output*. A PSU regulates the power input and provides it to the load through the power output.

No input from Eric here as he realizes what a PSU is.

It does a whole lot more than that. It monitors the battery charge, determining whether it needs charging. It manages all power in the unit.

Eric Stevens
You are guessing. In fact I think you are making it up.

Sandman
Since you're ignorant about these things, I suppose that's a logical knee jerk assumption on your part.

Eric Stevens
================================================ If you want to dispute these things with me I suggest argue with my comments and not something you have just made up.

Keep running, Eric. It's what you do best.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (14h & 8m) > Sandman