Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Sandman
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Message-ID<slrnlsuqgi.pdq.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsTony Cooper (6h & 42m) > Sandman

In article <98ots910c2bfn89gbh88ph9hojdjhciqkt@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
All I claimed was that Apple called it a 'switch'. See Step 28 of https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+4+Vibrate+Ring+Switch+Replacement/4334 where the switch is shown being removed by a pair of pliers.

Sandman
Again, where is *APPLE* calling the internal components of the ring/vibrate switch a switch. Did you think the above link was to an Apple source?

Eric Stevens
http://support.apple.com/kb/ta38610 "A dedicated switch on the side of iPhone lets you quickly turn ringing on or off."

On the side is external. You failed again.

Yes, it's an external switch mounted inside the iPhone.

Hullo ..... ?

Sandman
No, it isn't mounted inside the iPhone, since it is externally accessible. If it was mounted inside the phone, it would not be accessible from the outside.

Eric Stevens
You shoull add the word 'completely' to your English vocabulary.

As well as the word "shoull"?

Sandman
Which is why I didn't claim you said so, and used the words "it seems".

I see you failed to give any examples of external switches. I take it that according to you there doesn't exist a common device with an external switch? That's pretty intresting.

Eric Stevens
It's what you would expect.

Sandman
Indeed, I don't expect you to give examples to support your position.

Eric Stevens
My position is that a switch mounted inside the casing is an internal switch, even if you can operate it from the outside.

You have yet to show me an external switch.

We are still talking about the switch in the iPhone. It was you who decided to call it a banana and I just went along with you.

Sandman
Now you're misrepresenting the truth (again). I said that YOU can call it a banana for all you like. I never called it a banana.

(No comment from Eric here)

Eric Stevens
Why bother to comment when you have surreptitiously deleted relevant text?

You made a claim, I corrected you. I didn't expect you to admit to your error, so I was just pointing out that you tried to gloss over that part.

Sandman
Sandman 07/21/2014 <slrnlsp8ni.jb7.mr@irc.sandman.net>

"You are free to call the switch an internal banana if you so desire"

I accept your apology.

But, as expected, Eric would never willfully admit to a mistake and actually offer an apology.

Still doing his darnest to ignore that he was wrong and would rather die than admit his error.

Eric Stevens
Via the control accessible through the hole in the side of the case.

Sandman
Ah, you must be in reference to the external switch.

Eric Stevens
See Step 27 of https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+4+Vibrate+Ring+Switch+Replacement/4334 How can you call that lot external?

I call something "internal" when it is inside something, and "external" when it is outside something. The switch is on the outside of the iPhone.

You don't seem to have made up your mind whether you're in reference to the outside-accessible toggle switch or the inside components that it connects to. You seem to want to call everything internal to the iPhone.

In fact, according to your "logic", the iPhone screen is an "internal screen" since it has components that is inside the iPhone. In fact, the metal band around the phone is the antenna as well, and connects to internal components, so according to you, the iPhone has an "internal antenna".

In which of the several ways possible to apply your statement to my paragraph immediately above?

Sandman
You are correct that I talking about a supposed switch inside the iPhone. I am talking about the external ring/vibrate switch.

Eric Stevens
We have been round this so many times that I'm quite sick of it. I am particularly sick of the dishonest way in which you delete text and try to twist what other people have said. Don't expect me to respond to you on this subject again.

Well, that's a relief!! Thank god!

-- Sandman[.net]

Tony Cooper (6h & 42m) > Sandman