Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

nospam
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Fromnospam
Date07/13/2014 17:40 (07/13/2014 11:40)
Message-ID<130720141140227935%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (6h & 39m) > nospam

In article <ph14s91i0qbdvvjv0m7sko8m4lb9dj70r7@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

nospam
what you've shown above is that it's vital to have backups.

Eric Stevens
I T I S V I T A L T O H A V E B A C K U P S B E C A U S E T H E C L O U D C A N L O S E D A T A which is contrary to your statement "a cloud outage might be annoying, but the data won't be lost".

nospam
anything can lose data. the cloud is no different.

Eric Stevens
What you are doing is a form of lying. You made a statement and I have shown that you were quite quite wrong. So what did you do?

i'm not lying at all. the cloud service can fail all it wants. it makes no difference to the user because the user has a copy on their main hard drive and backup copies.

the *only* way to lose data on a cloud service is if you upload data to it and then delete it everywhere else. only an idiot would do that and then expect it to be immune to problems.

the *exact* same thing applies to hard drives and even paper. if your house burns down, any paper receipts, contracts, wills, etc., are *gone* and even if you had a copy that might not matter because many times the original is required.

Eric Stevens (6h & 39m) > nospam