Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Sandman
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
Message-ID<slrnltu6jf.6a2.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsTony Cooper (22m) > Sandman
Eric Stevens (4h & 45m) > Sandman

In article <n4dtt9pcdjsegr3fql18mrg0cpv6o56eis@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
You think semantics is about word meanings. Well, it isn't. Look it up.

Sandman
You're hilarious.

Oxford: semantics pl.noun the branch of linguistics and logic concerned with meaning.

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/semantics?s=t "Linguistics - the study of meaning."

World English Dictionary: "1. the branch of linguistics that deals with the study of meaning"

Eric Stevens
Yes, but it's not just the meaning of words: it's at least the meaning of expressions coonducted wiith words.

Sandman
Hahahaha! The semantic trolling continues from Eric. Now he wants to exclude "words" when talking about the meaning of linguistics and language. What's your latest angle, that semantics is the meaning of geastures? Sound? :-D

Eric Stevens
Words are included but semantics is not just the meaning of words. Look it up.

"You think semantics is about word meanings. Well, it isn't".

No one ever said it was "just" about the meaning of words, Eric. You're back-pedaling wildly now.

In fact, I hadn't mentioned "word meanings" at all, you're the one that started to talk about it. I just correctly noted that semantics is the trolls last resort. Here's the exchange again:

Sandman Semantics, the trolls last resort.

Eric Stevens You don't understand the meaning of semantics, either.

Sandman I love it when you illiterate trolls tell me that I don't understand something.

Eric Stevens You think semantics is about word meanings. Well, it isn't. Look it up.

So, I just noted that you were resorting to semantics, without being specific about what I mean about semantics. You incorrectly said that I don't understand semantics and then continued to make the grossly incorrect statement as quoted last.

Sandman
"words as individuals", the last words from a sinking man who refuses to accept that any language contains words.

Eric Stevens
Just as architecture is the study of bricks.

Haha! You remind me of the black night in Monty Python's Holy Grail. Your armsand legs are cut off yet you continue to pretend you have something to fight with.

Sandman
Medical Dictionary: "The study or science of meaning in language forms."

Eric Stevens
No meaning of words as individuals.

Sandman
Haha! Hilarious!!

Eric Stevens
Do you _really_ not understand, or are you just hesitating to acknowledge that you now do?

No, I am seriously laughing at your desperate attempts to not acknowledge your error. "No meaning of words as individuals".

You're working as hard as possible to create a scenario where I have somewhere made a claim that "semantics" is *only* about the meaning of *words* and not at all about the meaning of language, wherein words is a part of it.

You have made a series of explicit and utterly incorrect claims that you're trying hard to ignore and you're backed in to a corner and still trying to make it seem like you have the upper hand here.

-- Sandman[.net]