Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
FromEric Stevens
Date08/05/2014 02:44 (08/05/2014 12:44)
Message-ID<k0a0u9dlabdin8f5k6ocgcmhn8dpmrpet8@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (9h & 31m) > Eric Stevens

On 4 Aug 2014 11:27:05 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <celut9hfpnsa7jo4gnpidsge7li1upa63k@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

"You think semantics is about word meanings. Well, it isn't".

No one ever said it was "just" about the meaning of words, Eric. You're back-pedaling wildly now.

In fact, I hadn't mentioned "word meanings" at all, you're the one that started to talk about it. I just correctly noted that semantics is the trolls last resort. Here's the exchange again:r

Sandman Semantics, the trolls last resort.

Eric Stevens You don't understand the meaning of semantics, either.

Sandman I love it when you illiterate trolls tell me that I don't understand something.

Eric Stevens
Here is all of the exchange again: ------------------------------------------- Eric Stevens

Sandman
Make up your mind. You are the one who wrote "Supplying power !>Power supply." A PSU can't supply power. All it can do is process the power with which it is supplied.

Eric Stevens
Sandman Semantics, the trolls last resort.

Eric Stevens You don't understand the meaning of semantics, either. --------------------------------------------------------------------

Sandman
Indeed - as I said - you made an incorrect claim and now you're trying to divert from it. Just admit to your error and all will be solved. But no, you have to argue about it post after post after post.

The Eric Circus is in full effect.

Eric Stevens You think semantics is about word meanings. Well, it isn't. Look it up.

So, I just noted that you were resorting to semantics, without being specific about what I mean about semantics. You incorrectly said that I don't understand semantics and then continued to make the grossly incorrect statement as quoted last.

Eric Stevens
Of course I don't expect you to define every term as you write. However it is clear what you mean in this case: you are quibbling about word meanings.

Sandman
What is supposedly "clear" to you is of no interest to me. You made explicit claims, all incorrect. Live with it.

Your incorrect claims:

1. [I] don't understand the meaning of semantics 2. [I] think semantics is about word meanings 3. Semantics isn't about word meanings

"words as individuals", the last words from a sinking man who refuses to accept that any language contains words.

Eric Stevens
Just as architecture is the study of bricks.

Sandman
Haha! You remind me of the black night in Monty Python's Holy Grail. Your armsand legs are cut off yet you continue to pretend you have something to fight with.

Eric Stevens
It's only a flesh wound, isn't it Jonas? It doesn't hurt you at all, does it Jonas?

Sandman
Role reversal, another common troll tactic.

Medical Dictionary: "The study or science of meaning in language forms."

Eric Stevens
No meaning of words as individuals.

Sandman
Haha! Hilarious!!

Eric Stevens
Do you _really_ not understand, or are you just hesitating to acknowledge that you now do?

Sandman
No, I am seriously laughing at your desperate attempts to not acknowledge your error. "No meaning of words as individuals".

Eric Stevens
It's not about the meaning of words as individuals.

Sandman
You're the only one who has ever said "words as individuals" so you're arguing with windmills again.

You have made a series of explicit and utterly incorrect claims that you're trying hard to ignore and you're backed in to a corner and still trying to make it seem like you have the upper hand here.

Eric Stevens
Well, let's see if you can explain what you mean.

Sandman
Why would I? No one has asked me what I mean, we only have the Eric Circus - who tells me what I mean and then argue against that. Hilarious, but your popcorn is stale... :/

It might be a good idea to ask you what you mean before trying to respond to you. That way you will have less room to change meanings as you develop your argumentum. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (9h & 31m) > Eric Stevens