Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
FromEric Stevens
Date07/25/2014 01:07 (07/25/2014 11:07)
Message-ID<3u33t9hp8pgarkammqojuln1k13hb5s8m4@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (7h & 45m) > Eric Stevens

On 24 Jul 2014 12:10:32 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <e7bc6515-6215-435a-b3fd-1a61c44051dc@googlegroups.com>, Whisky-dave wrote:

It's not a battery charger, regardless of what people call it.

Whisky-dave
Wow I agree with you here.

Sandman
Wow, then maybe I'm wrong.

The battery is not a PSU either,

Whisky-dave
A battery can be said to be suplying power to the device.

Sandman
Supplying power != Power supply. Then again, it was Eric's claim initially, and he is a laymen so it isn't odd that he would mix these things up.

Apart from the fact that I probably have had a far better technical education in these matters than have you and that I have spent more time fiddling with electrical and electronic devices than you have been alive, I would not be so foolish as to claim that a device which supplies power is not a power supply. I don't know why you persist in this inanity.

the PMIC (power management integrated circuit) chip in the iPad is a the PSU.

Whisky-dave
That is the unit it is NOT the power supply as it doesn't have any power

Sandman
A PSU never has any power. A PSU has a power input and a power output. It never has any power of its own.

I can just see you plugging your car into the electrical main supply to enable you to start it. Either that or you get the local kids to give it a push. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (7h & 45m) > Eric Stevens