Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
FromEric Stevens
Date07/25/2014 11:31 (07/25/2014 21:31)
Message-ID<jq74t9537bumrh2efj5i3mo5f8mblq85po@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (27m) > Eric Stevens

On 25 Jul 2014 06:49:44 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <l7u2t91n4og9v0ur9vd90ud8urbh5utra1@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Tony Cooper
Wait a minute! You've said in another post that people call them different things, and that's OK. So if that's OK, then calling the power adapter a "battery charger" is perfectly legitimate by your rules. If it's used to charge the battery, calling it a "battery charger" is logical.

Sandman
It's not a battery charger, regardless of what people call it.

Eric Stevens
My iPad battery is down to 8%.

What can I do to charge it?

Sandman
It won't fit in a battery charger, so you'd better plug in the adapter plug that connects the PMIC to your wall socket which in turn powers your iPad while also charging the battery.

How many days will you argue about this this time?

Eric Stevens
I can stop at this point.

--- text deleted by Sandman ---

Sandman
Ah, that's why you didn't argue any more below... Oh..

See what I mean? You can argue about anything for days and days.

--- Meaning changed by the deletion of 52 lines of text by Sandman ---

Eric Stevens
It doesn't supply power itself and is not a power supply.

--- Two lines of text deleted by Sandman ---

Sandman
You should also have a look at

--- What? Deleted by Sandman ---

A PSU does NOT supply power itself. It has a power *input* and a power *output*. A PSU regulates the power input and provides it to the load through the power output.

It does a whole lot more than that. It monitors the battery charge, determining whether it needs charging. It manages all power in the unit.

Eric Stevens
You are guessing. In fact I think you are making it up.

--- 12 lines of text deleted by Sandman ---

Sandman
Since you're ignorant about these things, I suppose that's a logical knee jerk assumption on your part.

================================================ If you want to dispute these things with me I suggest argue with my comments and not something you have just made up. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens