Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Sandman
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
Message-ID<slrnltp4ah.uom.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (1h & 55m) > Sandman

In article <khmmt951v9loeu8pb26b3g9r25akj3vgtl@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
You have switched terminology and are using it in a very particular context. The original discussion was over from where the iPhone obtained it's power. As can be seen above Whisky-dave said "A battery can be said to be suplying power to the device."

At this point you came in and said "Supplying power !>>>>>>>Power supply."

It was at this point you switched to using 'Power Supply Unit' rather than 'Power Supply'.

Sandman
Mistaken or lying?

Whisky-dave 07/23/2014 <1cd15364-4647-4606-9424-f559733dee74@googlegroups.com>

" the power supply refers to the part that plugs in the wall, not the battery."

The part that plugs into the wall is the power supply unit or PSU

Eric Stevens
I was discussing your use of words, Not Whisky-dave's.

Sandman
You incorrectly said that *I* changed terminology, when in fact I didn't. You were wrong, but it's not like you're ever going to admit it.

Eric Stevens
You did though.

Sandman
And now you're lying. You made a claim , I proved it wrong. You can either retract the claim or support it. You did neither, so now you're outright lying.

Eric Stevens
It was at this point you switched to using 'Power Supply Unit' rather than 'Power Supply'.

Sandman
As I have proven above, it was not I who switched anything, Drunk Dave is the one that started to talk about PSU's.

Eric Stevens
That's not the question. The important point is when YOU switched to using 'Power Supply Unit' rather than 'Power Supply'.

Which I only did after Drunk Dave started talking about PSU's - i.e. *I* didn't change terminology. You're wrong. Again. For the millionth time.

You don't understand the meaning of semantics, either.

Sandman
I love it when you illiterate trolls tell me that I don't understand something.

Eric Stevens
You think semantics is about word meanings. Well, it isn't. Look it up.

Sandman
Yes, you should.

I suppose you did look it up and are now running away with your tail between your legs.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (1h & 55m) > Sandman