Re: iPad power supply unit ...

Whisky-dave
SubjectRe: iPad power supply unit (was: Re: Adobe's Low hanging)
FromWhisky-dave
Date07/31/2014 12:40 (07/31/2014 03:40)
Message-ID<e42578e5-b8b1-49cf-927f-6bab20f23964@googlegroups.com>
FollowsEric Stevens

On Thursday, 31 July 2014 04:05:18 UTC+1, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
I was discussing your use of words, Not Whisky-dave's. Anyone who goes back will find the Whisky-Dave actually said:

Yes I remembr but couldn;t be bothered proving it.

" the power supply refers to the part that plugs in the wall, not the battery."

Eric Stevens
"Not in the real world where we need to distiquish between such things. The part that plugs into the wall is the power supply unit or PSU and adapter combined, because it adapts the mains power to DC that the laptop uses to run the laptop and charge the battery. Some call them power bricks.

Anything that supplies the power can be called the power supply." You have clearly been quoting selective words, out of context, to make it look as though he was saying something he wasn't.

One gets used to this sometimes it's accidental sometimes it's a delibrate act.