Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

nospam
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Fromnospam
Date07/11/2014 21:04 (07/11/2014 15:04)
Message-ID<110720141504437066%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsWhisky-dave
FollowupsWhisky-dave (2d, 14h & 45m) > nospam

In article <9203ad80-b6cc-4b95-bd9c-00b7931f75a9@googlegroups.com>, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>wrote:

Mayayana
PCs changed that. The new cloud trend is partly due to Internet connection improvements, but mostly it's due to profit strategies. There isn't any "hardware argument" for this new focus on cloud.

Whisky-dave
I agree with you on the profit, where are all the iphone users backing up to and why do Apple only supply 5GB free when the smallest device is 8GB. If you don;t have a personal computer you should be backing up to the cloud.

you don't understand how apple's cloud works.

you don't need 8 gig to back up 8 gig.

(I'm using the iphone as I know people that use them on my Mac as a backup rather than the cloud). I don;t think you can just plug a HDD into the USB port and back everything up, there;'s a reason for that I guess.

of course you can.

Mayayana
I think it's interesting to note, though, that various cloud strategies also date back a long time in the PC era.

Whisky-dave
I'm not sure that's true for me anyway the cloud idea represents a wireless connection and me not needing any aditional hardware to make use of it.

The 'Cloud' is njust a buzz word it's still HDDs and file system on the actual ground somewhere in the world.

the cloud is not a buzzword.

it's a very real and functional thing that is going to become more prevalent going forward.

Whisky-dave (2d, 14h & 45m) > nospam