Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Tony Cooper
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromTony Cooper
Date07/12/2014 16:02 (07/12/2014 10:02)
Message-ID<2df2s95hltr3c2s4fija81qt2ldrl1utat@4ax.com>

On 12 Jul 2014 12:04:06 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <lponoa$chk$1@dont-email.me>, Mayayana wrote:

nospam
the cloud is *not* a fad.

Mayayana
Says you. It's obviously a fad. That's not in question. Whether cloud is an improvement or not, and whether it's a good plan for companies, is a hot topic.

Sandman
I thought a "fad" was something that was temporary and a lot of people hyped when it wasn't as great as they thought.

I.e. I only thought "fad" could be applied to something that has passed, and not something that is currently being acclaimed by lots of people.

A "fad" is something that is very popular. Taking "Selfies" is a fad. Collecting Beanie Babies was a fad.

Unless you define "temporary" is some way that allows a window of several years, they are not necessarily temporary.

When young people started wearing jeans with rips and tears in them, it was considered a fad. Now, brand new jeans come with rips and tears in them. The fad continues, but since it's no longer new or novel it isn't referred to as much as a fad.

-- Tony Cooper - Orlando FL