Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromEric Stevens
Date07/21/2014 12:12 (07/21/2014 22:12)
Message-ID<24pps9t6a0btoebm0ooc4qd1tth74uk35r@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (2h & 6m) > Eric Stevens

On 21 Jul 2014 05:19:27 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <lqhpln010c3@news3.newsguy.com>, PeterN wrote:

All external switches connect to internal components, but that doesn't mean that switch is an internal switch.

Eric Stevens
I can see we are heading to the quibble wars. Count me out.

nospam
you're the one that began it.

PeterN
Not at all true, ant you know it.

This all started when you sat iPhones have no moving parts. I pointed out that they do

Sandman
That *was* the quibble. nospam said, in a discussion about data loss, that smart phones have no moving parts. It is very clear that this is in reference to storage method, where mechanical hard drives in computer have moving parts and flash memories in cell phones do not.

The quibble is for anyone to take this out of context and interprete it as a claim about smart phones having no moving parts whatsoever, regardless if its related to data storage.

I thought it all started when you posted on 16 Jul 2014 10:14:52 GMT in Message-ID: <slrnlsckg6.pkj.mr@irc.sandman.net>:

"What "switch" was this? You say it's an internal component, and the topic was "moving parts" so you seem to imply that inside your iPhone there was a mechanical physically moving "switch" that was broken. Having seen the insides of many iPhones (I have a friend that repair them), I can assure you that no such switch exists."

Having learned to distrust statements such as this I rushed of to McGoogle and almost immediately found a link which prompted me to reply:

That's funny. Here are the instructions telling you how to replace one https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+4+Vibrate+Ring+Switch+Replacement/4334 or http://tinyurl.com/oofzazt

The context in this case was your statement " Having seen the insides of many iPhones (I have a friend that repair them), I can assure you that no such switch exists." My link above shows that your remark was incorrect. It's not a quibble: it falsifies what you had written. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens