Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

nospam
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Fromnospam
Date07/22/2014 18:14 (07/22/2014 12:14)
Message-ID<220720141214556233%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsWhisky-dave
FollowupsWhisky-dave (16h & 30m) > nospam

In article <4562e130-8e5d-4255-93a4-a932255eba7b@googlegroups.com>, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>wrote:

nospam
this discussion has *always* been about data loss.

Whisky-dave
So how about working out exactly what data loss is. When you delete data you can lose your file but DATA is never lost in this way only changed. The DATA IS NOT lost in the real world.

data is definitely lost in the real world.

Which was my point regarding keys droped in teh ocean. They are not lost either as with the Titanic we know where it is.

then go get them.

We always know where DATA is on a HDD or SSD, whether or not that data is valid is another point.

if the data is not valid, it's lost.

So your images can be deleted or removed from a HDD or SSD and most other physical devices what happens is that the data is changed NOT removed or added do. Some here seem to get very confused by this understandably I think as especailly older photographers (or those that have never thought about it) might think of data as silver halide crystals that get destroyed or chemicaly changed which is why their images aren't what they were. But this isn;t what happens in the digital world.

the only person who is confused is you.

nospam
peter was trying to confuse the issue by bringing up irrelevant details just to argue, because that's all he knows how to do.

Whisky-dave
While others seem to have changed their stance from phones don't have moving parts to SSD don't have moving parts, but there;s more to recodering data correctly than just moving parts.

no

Whisky-dave (16h & 30m) > nospam