Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Whisky-dave
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromWhisky-dave
Date07/25/2014 18:16 (07/25/2014 09:16)
Message-ID<40329815-ff18-4025-b57c-947c76b34a17@googlegroups.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (3h & 3m) > Whisky-dave

On Wednesday, 23 July 2014 17:11:14 UTC+1, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <d4962e2e-922d-480d-8379-e1d473800bb6@googlegroups.com>, Whisky-dave <whisky.dave@gmail.com>wrote:

Whisky-dave
way only changed. The DATA IS NOT lost in the real world.

nospam
data is definitely lost in the real world.

Whisky-dave
How ? Explain the process.

nospam
it's very simple. someone tries to access a document and it fails for any of a number of reasons, including hard drive failure.

Whisky-dave
Well I thought you were refering to SSD or flash media in phones or computers

nospam
doesn't matter.

Whisky-dave
But you don;t get head crashes with SSDs,

nospam
exactly, which is why an ssd is much more reliable.

I greee but they are more expensive and then do you buy SLC, MLC, or TLC

no moving parts.

I assume you agree that you should still back then up and that it doesn't have to be to SSD.

I doubt the cloud is entirley made up of SSDs, there's a reason for that. I'm really not sure which would be the most *relible* a SSD of around 512Gb or spending that amount of cash on 512Gb HDDs and keeping clones as backups

nospam (3h & 3m) > Whisky-dave