Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Sandman
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Message-ID<slrnlsmr26.gah.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (3h & 30m) > Sandman

In article <2sims9h8m5uk0e6m9pb0mbr01ckvdofvsc@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman
What "switch" was this? You say it's an internal component, and the topic was "moving parts" so you seem to imply that inside your iPhone there was a mechanical physically moving "switch" that was broken. Having seen the insides of many iPhones (I have a friend that repair them), I can assure you that no such switch exists.

Eric Stevens
That's funny. Here are the instructions telling you how to replace one https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+4+Vibrate+Ring+Switch+Replacement/4334 or http://tinyurl.com/oofzazt

nospam
the ring/silent switch is *not* internal. if it were, it would be inaccessible and impossible to toggle it.

look on the side of any iphone and you can plainly see it, which means it's not internal.

Eric Stevens
If it's not internal, why do you have to take the case apart and remove a number of internals to get at it?

How does this make it an internal switch? Do you think external switches on a Nikon D300 can be replaced without opening up the camera? You just pop it off with a tweezer and put in a new one?

<https://d3nevzfk7ii3be.cloudfront.net/igi/yXo4ERHLQ6xbSlqI.huge>

As you can see, the switch is a toggle switch, on a metal plate. You can only remove it from the inside of the cover for obvious reasons.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (3h & 30m) > Sandman