Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

PeterN
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromPeterN
Date07/15/2014 18:34 (07/15/2014 12:34)
Message-ID<lq3l402feu@news1.newsguy.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (29m)

On 7/15/2014 11:14 AM, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <das9s91tvhh075cq2b294bl70irkv24isd@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Eric Stevens
You did not help when you said "a cloud outage might be annoying, but the data won't be lost". This can be interpreted as meaning that even if the cloud goes down the data will still be there when it comes back up. Well, it might be be but there is no guarantee that it will be.

nospam
i meant what i said. no data is lost. the cloud service can go away entirely and without waring (which almost never happens but nevertheless) and the user *still has the data on their device* plus other backups.

Eric Stevens
So your faith in the cloud is conditional on the user having a copy of the data on their device.

nospam
having one copy on *any* device is a risk.

it has nothing to do with the cloud.

the cloud bashers don't understand that.

Yet you said I was wrong when I said that any IT manager who relies solely on the cloud for backup, should be fired.

-- PeterN

nospam (29m)