Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

nospam
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Fromnospam
Date07/22/2014 00:14 (07/21/2014 18:14)
Message-ID<210720141814497934%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (6h & 36m) > nospam

In article <0juqs9lepmtbq38c4562tovlccaf0g0uqf@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Sandman
Since the topic was moving part in smart phones, I would have expected to see an example of an external switch on a comparable device. Or at least some form of consumer gadget.

Eric Stevens
Sorry to disapoint you. :-)

Sandman
So there will be no such examples? Is this because according to you, no household gadgets exists with external switches? They all have internal switches?

Eric Stevens
That's where any sensible designer would put the. That's where any sensible user would want them.

nonsense. if they did that users would need to open up the device any time they wanted to operate the switch. that's ridiculous.

there might be one-time configuration switches that are internal, but that's something else entirely.

Can you give any examples of a household gadget with an external switch?

all of them.

I gave the original reference to the internal banana several articles upstream. e.g https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+4+Vibrate+Ring+Switch+Replacement/4334 or http://tinyurl.com/oofzazt

Sandman
And I am disagreeing with you that the images there show any internal switches. But you are free to call them internal switches if it makes you feel good.

Eric Stevens
Who are you or I to argue with Apple? Apple thinks its a switch and I am inclined to go along with them. There is no doubt that the switch is mounted inside the device.

not only does apple think it's a switch but they *say* it's a switch.

Sandman
I think you'll find that when asked to flip the switch to make the iPhone go silent, few people fear that they need to disassemble the device in order to "get at" the switch.

Eric Stevens
Few people ever want to 'get at' the switch. All they want to do is operate it from the outside, for which task a mechanism exists.

which makes it an external switch.

Eric Stevens (6h & 36m) > nospam