Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
FromEric Stevens
Date07/19/2014 04:26 (07/19/2014 14:26)
Message-ID<cfkjs9ts7pm43e83j481agn30krig77b9d@4ax.com>
Followsnospam

On Fri, 18 Jul 2014 21:02:42 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <0v6js9hn8r14gto5s34g4ai46920hul2ab@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Sandman
I.e. his data is not lost.

Whisky-dave
His data was lost.

Sandman
No, he had backup.

Eric Stevens
I've been largely ignoring this thread for a while but I couldn't help noticing the interchange above.

My original statement which started this all off was about whether or not the device could lose data. It has since turned into a question of whether or not the user will lose data.

nospam
it has *always* been about the user losing data.

the user is what matters, not the device.

whatever was on the device can be restored, which as i said originally, is just an annoyance.

My memory has betrayed me. I made my first comment about loss of data from the cloud in an earlier thread. In this thread the first comment was made by you (nospam) when on Fri, 11 Jul 2014 00:35:22 -0400 in Message-ID: <110720140035227447%nospam@nospam.invalid>you wrote:

"writing about cloud issues is nothing more than linkbait. everything has issues of some sort or another.

you don't see articles about hard drive crashes, do you? you don't see articles about power outages, do you?

either of those will cause an interruption in the user's work, possibly with data loss and maybe a *lot* of data loss. it's what keeps drive recovery companies in business.

a cloud outage might be annoying, but the data won't be lost."

In this body of text you were writing about data loss due to hard drive crashes and power outages with the comment:

"possibly with data loss and maybe a *lot* of data loss. it's what keeps drive recovery companies in business."

And then you went on to write about a 'cloud outage' and your indefensible conclusion "but the data won't be lost."

In all of these separate circumstances you were discussing the possible loss of data from the device.

It was only later when trying to defend the indefensible you fell back on the argument that the data would not be lost because there should be copies elsewhere. No doubt you will argue that this is what you always mean but then you will have to explain why you think "It's what keeps drive recovery companies in business". --

Regards,

Eric Stevens