Re: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?

Sandman
SubjectRe: Adobe's Low hanging .... ?
Message-ID<slrnlsn7dh.gkg.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (11h & 1m) > Sandman

In article <a46ns9ptpieno1br22eqrc2dk0avfr71ar@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman
What "switch" was this? You say it's an internal component, and the topic was "moving parts" so you seem to imply that inside your iPhone there was a mechanical physically moving "switch" that was broken. Having seen the insides of many iPhones (I have a friend that repair them), I can assure you that no such switch exists.

Eric Stevens
That's funny. Here are the instructions telling you how to replace one https://www.ifixit.com/Guide/iPhone+4+Vibrate+Ring+Switch+Replacement/4334 or http://tinyurl.com/oofzazt

Sandman
That's not an internal switch, Eric.

Eric Stevens
Well, it's inside the casing and you have to remove a cover to get at it. I don't see how you can regard it as an external switch.

No, you do not have to remove a cover to "get at it", you operate the switch qithout removing a cover. Just like this switch:

<http://www.reuk.co.uk/shopImages/1.5a-toggle-switch.jpg>

As you can see, this is also an external switch. You flip it when it is mounted on something. But in order to replace it, you can't just use a hammer and knock it off, you have to open the device it is located in and remove the internal part of the switch.

All external switches connect to internal components, but that doesn't mean that switch is an internal switch.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (11h & 1m) > Sandman