Re: Lenses and sharpening

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromEric Stevens
Date09/22/2014 11:43 (09/22/2014 21:43)
Message-ID<nprv1atpf8bk2punnsr4cc2jef49pbefmd@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (2h & 21m)

On 22 Sep 2014 07:08:55 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <0kdu1ad0vrvdhcprkbhke1vc68ju103drm@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

nospam
questions like this mean you don't understand how it works.

it *always* uses the original data. the cached previews are a speed optimization for the user interface.

Eric Stevens
That's why I asked him that particular question.

Sandman
No, you asked it because you have no clue how LR works.

Eric Stevens
I don't know why you don't bother writing my posts for me: you seem to know *exactly* what I really meant. :-(

Sandman
No, I am telling you the reason why you asked a question, not what you "meant". The reason for the question was ignorance on your part.

Eric Stevens
I generally ask questions because of something I don't know.

Sandman
And you should. But that's not what you told nospam, still quoted above. You told him that "that's why I asked him that particular question" as a reply to nospam's claim about LR always using the original data. You didn't ask me that question because you didn't know. But you should have.

Nevertheless, your views about why I asked the question are quite wrong. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (2h & 21m)