Re: Lenses and sharpening

Sandman
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
Message-ID<slrnm1qrc7.inb.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (10h & 37m) > Sandman

In article <04lq1apqp3ju9qb8s0bged26jvdiuac5jq@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
That's true, but all the preview images I have looked at are between about 50% and 20% of the size of the original.

Sandman
This is false.

Eric Stevens
It's not false, I can assure you. Have you looked at your own files?

Every single file you work with in LR has a 1:1 preview file.

They clearly can't contain as much data or be reconstructed to form a final export image.

Sandman
Depends on whether or not you're exporting a full resolution image, Eric. Just as I said.

Eric Stevens
You are suggesting that files exported from LR are based on a degraded (i.e. downsized) version of the original file. I very much doubt that that is the case.

I have suggested no such thing, Eric. You would know that if you knew how to read and comprehend English.

In otherwords, what you have in these files is not an edited version of the original image.

Sandman
Incorrect. Otherwise they wouldn't be previews.

Eric Stevens
They are an edited version of a downsized copy of the original files.

--- snip ---

Run away, Eric. facts scare you, I know.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (10h & 37m) > Sandman