Re: Lenses and sharpening

Sandman
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
Message-ID<slrnm2051s.671.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens

In article <cfsv1a1viibth2n4jgrr32e4rmkhs2ka2m@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Sandman
Again - 3 can not reverse 1 with 2 in the middle. Try to get that through your old thick skull.

If you remove 2, then 3 can reverse 1. Simple mathematics, I'll show it to you:

1. 5 * 5 = 25 2. 25 * 0.99 = 24.75 3. 24.75 / 5 = 4.95

That's what the above steps does. Step one is sharpening, step two is JPG compression - a *LOSSY* process and step 3 is blur. Step 3 has *NOT* reversed the algorithm in step 1, we do NOT have the same value as we started with.

Remove the second step:

1. 5 * 5 = 25 2. 25 / 5 = 5

Now the first algorithm (multiplication) has been reversed by the second algorithm (division) and the result is the same as what we started with.

These are *facts* Eric, not guesses or mere claims. This is how mathematics works.

Eric Stevens
No wonder you took up art. :-(

Even simple math and logic flies far over Eric's head. No surprise there.

-- Sandman[.net]