Re: Lenses and sharpening

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromEric Stevens
Date09/21/2014 01:19 (09/21/2014 11:19)
Message-ID<6k2s1alb96g131bbn9kt9b34ns3g5v8ku4@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (11h & 11m) > Eric Stevens

On 20 Sep 2014 11:08:50 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <69jp1adfm872bdd91ot20kgl7lfavflok8@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Eric Stevens
As I have already written, he said that the sharpening of the original image can be recovered after sharpening by HPS even after the image has been saved as a JPG.

Sandman
Which requires that the JPG compression is reversed as well. Floyd didn't realize this because he doesn't know how these things work.

Eric Stevens
Unfortunately he knows too much, compared with the rest of us.

Sandman
Hahaa, I am literally laughing out loud here. Floyd is one of the most ignorant troll's I've even come across.

Your ability to understand what he is saying would not be reduced if he spoke to you in Urdu.

Eric Stevens
I did wonder when he threw in that JPEG conversion but I finally he concluded that he was trying to make a point.

Sandman
The point he made is that image processing is a field he knows nothing about. But we all knew that already.

Eric Stevens
What I think Floyd was saying

Sandman
There's a lot of that from you; "What I think Floyd meant was", "What I think Floyd was saying was" and so on.

Eric Stevens
Image 1 --->Apply HPS settings --->Save as JPEG --->Reverse HPS gets you to the same place as Image 1 --->Save as JPEG

Sandman
No, it DOES NOT. You're as ignorant as Floyd, Eric.

You are defeated by your own preconceived notions.

1. HPS is, in the example, a pixel-altering process. 2. JPG compression is a pixel-altering process 3. Gaussian blur is a pixel-altering process.

3 can *NOT* reverse 1 with 2 in the middle. It is impossible. It can *counteract* it and the end result may be satisfactory, but number 1 has *NOT* been reversed. Pixels have been altered in the interrim that 3 can not take into account.

You haven't understood my diagram above. Once I would have tried to explain it to you but now I know there is no point.

You guys are so ignorant about this that it's not even funny anymore.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (11h & 11m) > Eric Stevens