Re: Lenses and sharpening

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromEric Stevens
Date09/20/2014 05:33 (09/20/2014 15:33)
Message-ID<kbtp1ahg0e0g8mg9rfe7h2earcgtbo31e7@4ax.com>
FollowsRon C

On Fri, 19 Sep 2014 20:37:04 -0400, Ron C <r.capik@verizon.net>wrote:

Ron C
On 9/19/2014 3:08 AM, Sandman wrote:

Sandman
In article <874mw4vmry.fld@barrow.com>, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

nospam
In article <fe7l1a9qgalhhov3a460vmrue9jfa0lq9k@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens

Eric Stevens
Floyd's usage is strictly in accordance with http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reversible_process_%28thermodynamics%29 as it applies information theory. If you think there is no room for reversible processes in information theory see http://tinyurl.com/otp5pug

nospam
since when does editing digital images on a computer become a thermodynamics problem?

Floyd L. Davidson
Since Claude Shannon published "A Mathematical Theory of Communications".

Look it up. Wonderful paper...

Sandman
Yes, this is the level of idiocy one can expect from Floyd - he thinks that image processing became a thermodynamic problem at a point in time when someone published some information. Before that - not related. After that, totally related.

Yeah, hilarious, I know.

Ron C
Though I've only followed this news group a few months I seem to have noticed a trend of all threads asymptotically approaching a zero SNR, though I guess it depends a lot on how one defines S and N. Seems the entropy increases with each post. [YMMV]

=>L... RC

You are right, and :-) --

Regards,

Eric Stevens