Re: Lenses and sharpening

nospam
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
Fromnospam
Date09/22/2014 11:47 (09/22/2014 05:47)
Message-ID<220920140547428335%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowupsSandman (2h & 19m) > nospam

In article <slrnm1vi3k.3ss.mr@irc.sandman.net>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Eric Stevens
Once you look at the actual file sizes I think you will have to conclude that I am correct.

Sandman
Of course not, since you're not correct. As I said - every single image you work with in Lightroom has a 1:1 preview file created for it. Every single one. You can select when those 1:! files should expire and be purged, but if you've worked with it, or even vviewed it in the develop module there exists a 1:1 preview of the file.

nospam
that's false.

you can work with an image without ever using the develop module with it.

Savageduck
Personally, I don't use *Quick Develop* in the Library module.

nospam
that's one way, but not the only way. another is syncing adjustments over a batch of files.

Sandman
Which, by the way, I wouldn't call "work with" them. You've just batch-edited a bunch of photos, not actually worked with any of them. You've only worked with one, then.

you might not, but everyone else does.

those images have been edited *without* a preview.

Sandman (2h & 19m) > nospam