Re: Lenses and sharpening

nospam
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
Fromnospam
Date09/22/2014 18:03 (09/22/2014 12:03)
Message-ID<220920141203037066%nospam@nospam.invalid>

In article <slrnm204o0.671.mr@irc.sandman.net>, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

nospam
that's false.

you can work with an image without ever using the develop module with it.

Savageduck
Personally, I don't use *Quick Develop* in the Library module.

nospam
that's one way, but not the only way. another is syncing adjustments over a batch of files.

Sandman
Which, by the way, I wouldn't call "work with" them. You've just batch-edited a bunch of photos, not actually worked with any of them. You've only worked with one, then.

nospam
you might not, but everyone else does.

those images have been edited *without* a preview.

Sandman
True enough, as I said. I wasn't in reference to that kind of "work", but if you want to nitpick a small detail to try to falsify my otherwise 100% correct statement, be my guest - it doesn't change anything of what I said.

Any real photographer that uses LR to work with their photos would have 1:1 previews of their photos.

again, not always. real photographers can and often do edit images in batches. it's one of lightroom's more useful features.