Re: Lenses and sharpening

PeterN
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromPeterN
Date09/19/2014 15:09 (09/19/2014 09:09)
Message-ID<lvh9sv05ig@news4.newsguy.com>
FollowsSavageduck

On 9/18/2014 10:02 PM, Savageduck wrote:

Savageduck
On 2014-09-18 20:24:38 +0000, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>said:

On 2014-09-18 17:59:38 +0000, PeterN <peter@verizon.net>said:

PeterN
A documented demonstration would support your position. Since you don't want to use what is allegedly your image, everybody here has my prmission to play with the crappy image I posted. Indeed I am placing it in th epublic domain solely for purposes of expirimentation. Now either prove your point, or STFU.

Savageduck
I have just emailed a link to a fully non-destructive working version of your Central Park image. Opened as a Smart Object and all other adjustments done with NIK stuff & one return to ACR (by double clicking on the adjustment layer thumbnail) Not merged or flattened. To reopen the filter dialogs double click on the effect name. To change the blending mode click on the icon to the right of the name. I didn't crop this time. It is an 800+MB PSD

I saved a version for web first. http://adobe.ly/1Dm0nII

I decided to do some additional stuff, adding three adjustment layers, Curves, Selective Color, & Color Balance, then tweaked them to taste. <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_909.jpg>

A comparison with the unadjusted original <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/screenshot_910.jpg>

…and the version. <https://dl.dropbox.com/u/1295663/FileChute/PN-CP_0009-3.jpg>

Thanks. I have moved that up on my play list. We are rapidly approaching the end of the IR season, and dahlia season has started, together with dahlia competitions. I am gradually adding information to my images so that LR will be realistically helpful. I will definitely analyze you version, in due course. -- PeterN