Re: Is RGB to Lab lossy? -...

PeterN
SubjectRe: Is RGB to Lab lossy? - was(Re: Lenses and sharpening)
FromPeterN
Date10/13/2014 18:29 (10/13/2014 12:29)
Message-ID<m1gukf029cm@news4.newsguy.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (4h & 12m) > PeterN

On 10/13/2014 2:24 AM, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <m1fb3p01a50@news4.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter@verizon.net> wrote:

PeterN
The fact is that very little can be done in any plug-in that can't be done in PS.

nospam
completely false.

if that were the case, then there would be no need for plug-ins.

PeterN
Bad logic. Some plug-ins allow for faster processing. Also, do learn to read, I said nothing about speeding up workflow.

nospam
take your own advice, do learn to read. i didn't say anything about speeding up workflow at all.

Never said you did. Indeed, your commengt totally ignored that potential

PeterN
Almost anything can be done in both RGB & LAB. LAB is a lot easie, and faster for some processes.

nospam
very few and not without a cost.

PeterN
You just don't know how to use lAB, and won't admit that.

nospam
i've forgotten more about lab that you'll ever know.

YOur comments about LAB do support your statement.

PeterN
that gives more flexability, which is a good thing. Getting into a tool war, is meaningless, unless there is a reasonable accurate description of what eah plug-in does.

Habing said that, I am annoyed that the oil paint filter was removed from CC 2014.

nospam
third party opportunity.

PeterN
Yup

nospam
then why are you annoyed?

I do not see a rational reason why I should have to use one. I had eliminated Painter from my workflow, and missed the upgrade window.

-- PeterN

nospam (4h & 12m) > PeterN