Re: Lenses and sharpening

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromEric Stevens
Date09/22/2014 11:54 (09/22/2014 21:54)
Message-ID<rasv1ad465m63qs516oqtfpbjosbc5j5c3@4ax.com>
FollowupsSandman (2h & 17m)

On 22 Sep 2014 07:11:16 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <rsgu1a55vcrklq721apme21no3p0164cup@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Savageduck
He has a voice, he has an opinion. Why should he be disqualified from stating it? The last time I looked Usenet was a free speech forum, one of the last in existence.

Eric Stevens
My goodness, you are getting grumpy.

The fact that he is entitled to voice an opinion does not make him qualified to do so.

You should be aware the Sandman has several times said things to people like "you are not qulified to discuss this. Please step out of the argument".

Sandman
What, no Message-ID, Eric? Yet another claim from you that you will never ever substantiate. No surprise there.

Still no quote? No admission from you that you were wrong? You know what that makes you, Eric.

It means that my archives don't go back far enough (although I could correct that) and the present form of Google is hopeless.

Eric Stevens
In this case he hasn't got the background or the training to understand the subject, let alone voice an informed opinion. To make matters worse, in spite of the evidence to the contrary, he denies that the subject has any relevance to imaging or image processing. Would you take advice on the workings of a GPS unit from someone who was an avowed believer in a flat earth?

Sandman
It is clear from everything that I've said that I am way more qualified to discuss this subject than both you and Floyd, Eric. The fact that you don't understand that just proves the point.

Eric Stevens
Your bluster and bullying doesn't qualify you as an expert in anything.

Sandman
Ironic.

Eric Stevens
Your knowledge of basic photography is generally accepted.

Sandman
Haha!

Eric Stevens
But you have given no indication of any kind that you are equipped to understand what is meant by a 'reversible process' or the application of the concept of entropy to any field of knowledge.

Sandman
My onslaught of substantiations and explanations should have given you a clue. You started to talk about... hehe... thermodynamics instead.

... and you think that's a change of subject. :-(

Eric Stevens
I've given my qualifications to talk about these things. Now it's up to you.

Sandman
You have no qualifications to talk about these things. That's why you google idiotic stuff like thermodynamics, physics and maximum entropy when the discussion is about mathematical algorithms and image processing.

You're so lost in this topic it's not even funny.

--

Regards,

Eric Stevens

Sandman (2h & 17m)