Re: Lenses and sharpening

Floyd L. Davidson
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromFloyd L. Davidson
Date09/20/2014 06:23 (09/19/2014 20:23)
Message-ID<877g0ysywh.fld@barrow.com>
Followsnospam

nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>wrote:

nospam
In article <v4kp1alrgpj4ik0omiu76lccp5gen0q69c@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Sandman
I don't care how you think he "used" the term. A non-destructive workflow is a reversible process in every sense of the term.

Eric Stevens
I *know* how he used the term and I have already explained in detail. A non-destructive work flow is not a fully reversible process.

nospam
it is definitely reversible. that's the point of a non-destructive workflow.

Eric Stevens
Say I have a bomb, and cause it to explode. If I then with superhuman speed capture all the escaping gases and stuff them back into the ruptured casing, and then slam the casing shut, I might be said to have fully reversed the process. (In fact, that would not be correct in thermodynamic terms).

Say I have another bomb and after I have exploded the first bomb I put the second bomb in it's place. It might now look as if the first bomb had never explodedbut I have not reversed the changes to the first bomb: I have merely substituted for it.

nospam
bombs are not a non-destructive process.

Whoooshhhhh.

-- Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/ Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd@apaflo.com