Re: Lenses and sharpening

Sandman
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
Message-ID<slrnm1m01l.93o.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (6h & 14m) > Sandman

In article <pr7l1atblusnl5v5rf8ogipdu6jci0nujk@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Savageduck
HPS might well be reversible, but returning the file to its truly original state after being saved as a JPEG is improbable.

Eric Stevens
It's not the file that is being returned to the original state: it's the sharpening.

Which is impossible in Floyd's ignorant example, where the file was compressed with JPG between the two steps, making the HPS irreversible.

Savageduck
However, I have the tools to do that, with HSP, and even USM regardless of how much you stamp your feet and say I can't.

Eric Stevens
But you are not reversing it

Yes, he is.

you are reverting

"Reverting" and "Reversing" are synonyms in this scenario. Both words going back to a previous state.

and replacing it.

Nothing is being replaced. Only reversed/reverted to its original state, just like the word(s) mean.

You trolls - argue for days on end about the meaning of words you do not understand.

-- Sandman[.net]

Eric Stevens (6h & 14m) > Sandman