Re: Lenses and sharpening

Savageduck
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromSavageduck
Date09/21/2014 02:59 (09/20/2014 17:59)
Message-ID<2014092017594419589-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
FollowsEric Stevens
FollowupsEric Stevens (29m)

On 2014-09-20 23:14:24 +0000, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>said:

Eric Stevens
On 20 Sep 2014 16:09:13 GMT, Sandman <mr@sandman.net>wrote:

Sandman
In article <877g0yqyfs.fld@barrow.com>, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

The point we're making fun of is that you did add a lossy middle step to your claim about the first process being reversed by the third process with a lossy process in the middle.

Floyd L. Davidson
The JPEG lossy format doesn't allow the original image to be resurected, but it doesn't prevent reversing the sharpening.

Sandman
And that's what we're making fun of. The sharpening was added before the lossy process was added. You can counteract it, and you may be satisfied with it, but you haven't reversed it.

Eric Stevens
You are not qualified to voice an opinion.

He has a voice, he has an opinion. Why should he be disqualified from stating it? The last time I looked Usenet was a free speech forum, one of the last in existence.

-- Regards,

Savageduck