Re: Lenses and sharpening

Floyd L. Davidson
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromFloyd L. Davidson
Date09/20/2014 06:59 (09/19/2014 20:59)
Message-ID<87r3z6rioj.fld@barrow.com>
FollowsRon C

Ron C <r.capik@verizon.net>wrote:

Ron C
On 9/19/2014 8:53 PM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
Ron C <r.capik@verizon.net>wrote:

Sandman
< .....snip.... > Yes, this is the level of idiocy one can expect from Floyd - he thinks that image processing became a thermodynamic problem at a point in time when someone published some information. Before that - not related. After that, totally related.

Yeah, hilarious, I know.

Ron C
Though I've only followed this news group a few months I seem to have noticed a trend of all threads asymptotically approaching a zero SNR, though I guess it depends a lot on how one defines S and N. Seems the entropy increases with each post. [YMMV]

Floyd L. Davidson
It isn't really directly related to each post.

Ron C
Ah, well that depends greatly on snippage.

Floyd L. Davidson
It's each post from about 8 or 9 specific different people. The most prolific are nospam and Sandman, with Savageduck a hair behind. When all three contribute the decline is exceedingly rapid.

Ron C
Um, but there seem to be less than a dozen regular contributors... ;-( [Then again, I've only been here a few months.] From what I've seen there seems to be an obsession for obtuse pedantry. Anyway, the potential SNR statistics ain't looking good from where I sit.

Floyd L. Davidson
This newsgroup could use the moderation of a Maxwell Demon. Sit there to open or close the doorway depending on the "stupid level" of messages zinging by.

Ron C
I believe the term kill file may apply, as well as the common admonition: DON'T FEED THE TROLL(s). ;-)

Unfortunately in recent years participation here has dwindled down to the trolls and folks who enjoy a game of Tweek The Troll now and them.

There is very little to be learned or that can be shared here anymore. The only fun is trying to guess what nospam will spam with this time.

-- Floyd L. Davidson http://www.apaflo.com/ Ukpeagvik (Barrow, Alaska) floyd@apaflo.com