Re: Lenses and sharpening

Eric Stevens
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromEric Stevens
Date09/22/2014 06:57 (09/22/2014 16:57)
Message-ID<j0bv1ap9rhfh6o15vb62p5mshs525klsv6@4ax.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (15m) > Eric Stevens
Savageduck (1h) > Eric Stevens

On Mon, 22 Sep 2014 00:42:07 -0400, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid> wrote:

nospam
In article <l8ku1ahp2uv0mbpknihf0696kio3ghisa0@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens <eric.stevens@sum.co.nz>wrote:

Sandman
And it's also born out of ignorance, because such a consideration is only important if you're using ancient tools, which Floyd is. For him, he HAS to take such things into consideration because his tools are so primitive that if he makes a change he can't revert it unless it has a counter-algorithm.

Eric Stevens
Even with the most ancient of tools you can achieve the 'undo' or reversion effect you are talking about simply by doing your editing on a copy of the original. I was doing this with Photo Paint macros, backin the early 90's.

nospam
that does *not* give you the reversibility because it's not a non-destructive workflow.

Of course it is: I did it on a copy. Always, even now I never modify the original. --

Regards,

Eric Stevens