Re: Lenses and sharpening

Sandman
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
Message-ID<slrnm1vi14.3ss.mr@irc.sandman.net>
Followsnospam

In article <210920141507217851%nospam@nospam.invalid>, nospam wrote:

Eric Stevens
Once you look at the actual file sizes I think you will have to conclude that I am correct.

Sandman
Of course not, since you're not correct. As I said - every single image you work with in Lightroom has a 1:1 preview file created for it. Every single one. You can select when those 1:! files should expire and be purged, but if you've worked with it, or even vviewed it in the develop module there exists a 1:1 preview of the file.

nospam
you can work with an image without ever using the develop module with it.

True, but we're discussing image processing here, aren't we? How many photographers do you know that never use the develop module?

Either way, 1:1 previews are rendered when you:

1. watch the image in 100% in any module 2. open the image in the develop module 3. Have a monitor larger than the standard preview size (default 1440 pixels)

So, unless you always edit your photos in grid view on a small monitor, there is a 1:1 preview for all photos you've worked with.

If you think 1:1 rendering slows down LR, you can tell it to create them upon import as well.

-- Sandman[.net]