Re: Lenses and sharpening

Sandman
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
Message-ID<slrnm2067m.671.mr@irc.sandman.net>
FollowsEric Stevens

In article <s1tv1a9ser8d16mhjk07uv1nvo68kvi8f4@4ax.com>, Eric Stevens wrote:

Sandman
You're as dumb as Eric.

The principle of maximum entropy is applicable to many fields - that does NOT mean that all those fields have anything to do with each other, like when Eric wanted thermodynamics have anything to do with sharpening an image.

Why are you working so hard to make yourself look like a complete moron?

Eric Stevens
If he was doing that, he would just have to model himself on you. :-)

Sandman
If he did, he would actually have to know what he was talkking about, so that's not an option available to him.

Eric Stevens
So you know what you are talking about?

Obviously.

Please tell us why we should believe that.

Because I substantiate my claims, remember?

When I say that a mathematical algorithm cannot be reversed by an inverse mathematical algorithm when there is a lossy process between them I use examples to illustrate this in a pedagogic manner with simple math that illustrate that in way that my ten year old daughter could understand.

When I say that any image process in LR is 100% reversible I substantiate that by pointing to the fact that LR uses a parametric editing principle, where every thing you do to an image is fully reversible.

When I say that "reversible process" doesn't only mean that it must be reversed by another process, I use the dictionary to show you what "reversible" means.

Your input thus far has been to point to irrelevant thermodynamic principles that have nothing to do with this topic at hand, which is solely due to the fact that you don't understand what is being discussed.

In short (this is the part you'll ignore in your followup):

This claim here:

Floyd L. Davidson Re: Lenses and sharpening 09/15/2014 <8738bs2076.fld@barrow.com>

"If the sharpening is done with UnsharpMask that cannot be done. USM is not reversible."

Is an incorrect claim. Had Floyd known anything about this, he would have said that it isn't reversible by using a reverse algorithm, which is true, but UnSharp mask, as an image effect *is* reversible when using modern tools.

-- Sandman[.net]