Re: Is RGB to Lab lossy? -...

PeterN
SubjectRe: Is RGB to Lab lossy? - was(Re: Lenses and sharpening)
FromPeterN
Date10/06/2014 02:55 (10/05/2014 20:55)
Message-ID<m0sp9f011te@news4.newsguy.com>
FollowsAlan Browne
FollowupsAlan Browne (1h & 42m) > PeterN

On 10/5/2014 6:57 PM, Alan Browne wrote:

Alan Browne
On 2014.10.05, 14:42 , PeterN wrote:

We went through all this some many months ago. I demonstrated clearly that the amount of 'loss' was negligible in practical terms.

PeterN
I would use the terem "color change." anstead of loss.

Alan Browne
Any change is a quality loss. Whether that is colour difference, tone, brightness, sharpness ... whatever, it's a loss.

Then you are using a different definition of quality. Certainly you are not saying one cannot have a change for the better.

-- PeterN

Alan Browne (1h & 42m) > PeterN