Re: Is RGB to Lab lossy? -...

PeterN
SubjectRe: Is RGB to Lab lossy? - was(Re: Lenses and sharpening)
FromPeterN
Date10/13/2014 03:49 (10/12/2014 21:49)
Message-ID<m1fb3p01a50@news4.newsguy.com>
Followsnospam
Followupsnospam (4h & 34m) > PeterN

On 10/11/2014 12:20 AM, nospam wrote:

nospam
In article <m16hrf01hl4@news1.newsguy.com>, PeterN <peter@verizon.net> wrote:

PeterN
The fact is that very little can be done in any plug-in that can't be done in PS.

nospam
completely false.

if that were the case, then there would be no need for plug-ins.

Bad logic. Some plug-ins allow for faster processing. Also, do learn to read, I said nothing about speeding up workflow.

PeterN
Almost anything can be done in both RGB & LAB. LAB is a lot easie, and faster for some processes.

nospam
very few and not without a cost.

You just don't know how to use lAB, and won't admit that.

PeterN
that gives more flexability, which is a good thing. Getting into a tool war, is meaningless, unless there is a reasonable accurate description of what eah plug-in does.

Habing said that, I am annoyed that the oil paint filter was removed from CC 2014.

nospam
third party opportunity.

Yup -- PeterN

nospam (4h & 34m) > PeterN