Re: Lenses and sharpening

Ron C
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromRon C
Date09/20/2014 05:01 (09/19/2014 23:01)
Message-ID<r-mdnQEOYMeNc4HJnZ2dnUU7-bednZ2d@giganews.com>
FollowsFloyd L. Davidson
FollowupsFloyd L. Davidson (1h & 57m)

On 9/19/2014 8:53 PM, Floyd L. Davidson wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
Ron C <r.capik@verizon.net>wrote:

Sandman
< .....snip.... > Yes, this is the level of idiocy one can expect from Floyd - he thinks that image processing became a thermodynamic problem at a point in time when someone published some information. Before that - not related. After that, totally related.

Yeah, hilarious, I know.

Ron C
Though I've only followed this news group a few months I seem to have noticed a trend of all threads asymptotically approaching a zero SNR, though I guess it depends a lot on how one defines S and N. Seems the entropy increases with each post. [YMMV]

Floyd L. Davidson
It isn't really directly related to each post.

Ah, well that depends greatly on snippage.

It's each post from about 8 or 9 specific different people. The most prolific are nospam and Sandman, with Savageduck a hair behind. When all three contribute the decline is exceedingly rapid.

Um, but there seem to be less than a dozen regular contributors... ;-( [Then again, I've only been here a few months.] From what I've seen there seems to be an obsession for obtuse pedantry. Anyway, the potential SNR statistics ain't looking good from where I sit.

This newsgroup could use the moderation of a Maxwell Demon. Sit there to open or close the doorway depending on the "stupid level" of messages zinging by.

I believe the term kill file may apply, as well as the common admonition: DON'T FEED THE TROLL(s). ;-)