Re: Lenses and sharpening

nospam
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
Fromnospam
Date09/15/2014 20:26 (09/15/2014 14:26)
Message-ID<150920141426019752%nospam@nospam.invalid>
FollowsSavageduck
FollowupsSavageduck (15m)

In article <2014091510560662452-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>, Savageduck <savageduck1@{REMOVESPAM}me.com>wrote:

Savageduck
All adjustments made to *Smart Objects*, in Photoshop terms, are non-destructive.

nospam
true, but i was thinking of lightroom where no additional steps are required because everything is non-destructive.

Savageduck
These days with my LR+PS workflow many of my images make a round trip from LR to PS and back to LR have all the layers retained. If I need a JPEG I use the LR export dialog.

very few of mine need photoshop anymore.

Yup! That is quite a different non-destructive process which quite a few here have yet to grasp even though they own LR.

Since this thread relates to the application of USM and/or other sharpening, I left LR out of the discussion. I am still unsure of what Alfred uses for his post processing.

lightroom does usm.

nospam
with photoshop, the user has to take additional steps to be non-destructive.

Savageduck
Once you have developed a PS non-destructive workflow, it is easy enough to execute.

it's not hard, but it is additional steps that aren't needed in lightroom which is non-destructive by design.