Re: Lenses and sharpening

Savageduck
SubjectRe: Lenses and sharpening
FromSavageduck
Date09/15/2014 19:45 (09/15/2014 10:45)
Message-ID<201409151045546531-savageduck1@REMOVESPAMmecom>
Followsandroid

On 2014-09-15 17:29:05 +0000, android <here@there.was>said:

android
In article <150920141253216111%nospam@nospam.invalid>, nospam <nospam@nospam.invalid>wrote:

nospam
In article <877g1425ym.fld@barrow.com>, Floyd L. Davidson <floyd@apaflo.com>wrote:

Floyd L. Davidson
UnSharpMask is not reversible.

nospam
it is with a non-destructive workflow.

Floyd L. Davidson
I'm sorry that you don't understand the meaning of that.

nospam
i absolutely do know the meaning, since it's all i use.

it's you who doesn't understand what a non-destructive workflow means and as a result, says stupid shit like what you just did.

with a non-destructive workflow, unsharp mask (or anything else for that matter) can be altered or removed after the fact. that's why it's called a non-destructive workflow.

android
it's not on your file then. whatever... you could, of curse create an extra layer and delate it later.

With most photo editing software which uses adjustment layers that is one method of non-destructive editing. The final product with adjustment layers intact can be saved as a PSD or TIF to be reopened at any time to adjust further, remove adjustment layers etc. Obviously merging those layers will make those adjustments permanent.

Then Adobe has a second level of non-destructive editing with the use of *Smart Objects*. ...and non-destructive editing in Lightroom is something else all together.

These days with my LR+PS workflow many of my images make a round trip from LR to PS and back to LR have all the layers retained. If I need a JPEG I use the LR export dialog. -- Regards,

Savageduck