Re: Ideological differences...

David Fritzinger
SubjectRe: Ideological differences between big 3 german, americans and jap trash
FromDavid Fritzinger
Date02/26/2014 18:31 (02/26/2014 12:31)
Message-ID<dfritzin-F3C53A.12310226022014@news.eternal-september.org>
Follows-hh
Followups-hh (34m) > David Fritzinger

In article <9f518c5c-08bb-459d-99da-ba2ed8247d9a@googlegroups.com>, -hh <recscuba_google@huntzinger.com>wrote:

-hh
Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Dave Fritzinger writes:

David Fritzinger
Problem with the Boxter is the mid-engine placement, which limits how far the seat can go back, and limits how far it can be reclined.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
I somehow feel I would've been at home in its twin with a fixed roof.

-hh
You mean the Cayman? Technically, its a hatchback, so the "utility" claim can be made to the wife ;-)

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Sadly awd is not an option south of 911 and having kids I guess cayenne would've been a better option for me. But, alas, there is no manual, I think, only DSG or a slushbox.

-hh
The Porsche USA's Configurator for the Cayenne (base) shows that it comes standard with a manual (stick) transmission ... the Tiptronic is listed as another +$3000. However, I believe that due to sales demand, Porsche isn't presently offering the base Cayenne (at least in the USA market) and at a quick glance, it looks like all of the higher variants (including Diesel) are Tip only, so you're right.

Similarly, the specs on the forthcoming Macan are similarly indicating auto-only, at least for the time being; I believe it is going to be using a DSG (meh). But the early reviews seem pretty positive and even the current base trim would spank a Q7 TDI in Nicolas's "drag race wannabe" mode. IIRC, the very first production samples are due at US dealers later this spring; perhaps I'll see if they'll let me take one out for a test drive...

-hh

I realize that the Cayenne saved Porsche's bacon, since Porsche was in some financial trouble at the time. However, a Porsche SUV still seems sacreligous to me.