Re: As with our trolls, the...

David Fritzinger
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the mor
FromDavid Fritzinger
Date02/14/2014 19:48 (02/14/2014 13:48)
Message-ID<dfritzin-A39D9D.13485214022014@news.eternal-september.org>
FollowsLloyd E Parsons

In article <bm6vqeF48ajU1@mid.individual.net>, Lloyd E Parsons <lloydp21@live.com>wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-02-14 15:58:02 +0000, -hh said:

-hh
Lloyd wrote:

[snip]

Lloyd E Parsons
The one option I didn't see on VWs>unless you want to spend way more than I think they're worth is>automatic climate control. I really like that.

-hh
I hadn't noticed that, but I'd not be all too terribly surprised - it isn't uncommon to be forced into a larger package for a particular option of interest...

-hh

Lloyd E Parsons
The automatic climate control for Jetta or Passat seems to only be in the top of the series, which is not the case with most other mfgs. I noticed in some discussions and web reviews that it was mentioned a few times as being odd.

Honda does the same thing, or at least did the last time I priced an Accord. Going from an EX to an EX-L adds more than leather. You also get satellite radio and dual climate control, which you can't get in lower models. Honda came out with a new Accord a year or so ago, and it seems they got better. All Accords now come with Dual climate control. However, you still can only get satellite radio on the top 3 models (EX-L, EX-L V6, and Touring)

And since other lines offer it quite a bit down the line, you'd think VW would catch on.

Basically with VW you pay more to get less until you want to pay lots more! :) The Buick Verano, which is the bottom of the Buick sedans has it as standard equipment as well as a slew of other things that are extra cost options on any of VW's lineup.

And in the Buick Encore, it is a single step up from base to get it.

And with VW it seems that dickering from list is a bit more daunting.