Re: As with our trolls, the...

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the moron
FromBrake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Date02/19/2014 14:32 (02/19/2014 16:32)
Message-ID<le2bam$46d$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsNashton

On 2/17/14, 6:07, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
On 2014-02-14 10:24 PM, ed wrote:

ed
Repairs or maintainence? For routine maintainence, you're looking at $80 oil changes and $400+ 40k service due to the dsg. It also has a timing belt rather than chain so that needs replacing (probably not an issue for Lloyd with the low miles he drives). For repairs, we've between bitten by a high pressure fuel pump failure and clogged dpf / egr filter.

Nashton
You're full of crap ed.

Oil changes on Audis are as cheap or as expensive as any other car.

not if you have aftermaket skid plates they are not. I have A4 with sport package which means you get minus inch of ground clearance under a regular A4. And given that the oil and transmission pans are paper thing you are looking at a HUGE repair bill if you happen to pierce or destroy them by road debris. So where I live aftermarket metal plates are a given.

Now the problem is that the bolts used to attach those plates are rusting basking the the tub of salt during winter months with predictable difficulties removing them when it's oiln'filter time. So lots of swearing and an extra $$ for the oil change bill. Having a hole cut in skid plates for oil filter and oil drain bolt negates the benefit of having them in the first place. sooooo.....

But frankly if I was presented with the prospect of a $80 oil change I'd crawl under the fucking car and fuck with the bolts on my own. It costs me around forty bucks for synthetic (which turbo requires anyway)

This discussion reminds me of apple welding the hood on mac pro shut.