Re: As with our trolls, the...

-hh
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons wh
From-hh
Date02/15/2014 13:39 (02/15/2014 04:39)
Message-ID<a61eca63-9a51-4869-938a-48599c646477@googlegroups.com>
Followsed
Followupsed (6h & 30m)

On Saturday, February 15, 2014 1:54:36 AM UTC-5, ed wrote:

ed
You're $50+ in VW 507.00 compliant oil to start. Add filter and ring and your at $60+ for diy.

Which is also going to be a synthetic, probably like a 0W-40 grade. Regular old cheap 10W-40 disappeared from the EU imports probably close to 20 years ago now. The last one that I can think of offhand was Saab in the mid-90s while they were owned by GM - which backfired on GM trying to save money because they spec'd dinosaur oil in an engine which had been designed for synthetics, resulting in clogged lines and catastrophic engine failures.

Plus if one looks to go a step above the basement in a better filter too, Mahle used to be the go-to brand for VW and a lot of the other EU's...looks like these days, probably $20 or so:

<http://www.automotivepartsfactory.com/p/Audi-3-0-2l-05-13-Engine-Oil-Filter-Kit-X2-Mahle-40616416.html>

-hh

ed (6h & 30m)