Re: As with our trolls, the...

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the morons
FromBrake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Date02/18/2014 12:09 (02/18/2014 14:09)
Message-ID<ldveh9$5bi$1@dont-email.me>
FollowsSnit

On 2/13/14, 5:18, Snit wrote:

Snit
On 2/12/14, 4:55 PM, in article ldh1lq$e86$1@dont-email.me, "Silver Slimer" <slvrslmr@lv.c>wrote:

Silver Slimer
On 12/02/2014 6:50 PM, Nashton wrote:

Nashton
Whomever buys this piece of utter junk for performance alone, ought to think about configuring a dedicated PC for his/her ends. Not only because it's a new model, prone to growing pains, especially overheating issues, but because Apple hasn't made up their minds as to whether they will drop or continue to support pros.

Alan Baker
You have evidence that the new Mac Pro is "prone to overheating issues"?

Nashton
Sure I do:

Fuck off.

Silver Slimer
Classy.

However, it's way too early to tell if the new Mac Pro has any overheating issues. Most of us don't know a single person who owns one and the people who will be able to afford it are likely not going to complain in blogs, forums or Usenet when it's a lot easier to go to the Apple Store directly and annoy the 'geniuses.'

Snit
Mac users tend to be very demanding and when things go wrong they are quite vocal. I doubt we will hear much of overheating issues (like what we saw with some of the early iMacs with the roughly modern form factor) because of the heat sink used. At least from the reviews I have read it is very impressive - cool and quiet. The form factor is not just about looks.

Right. It's about internal expandability. Or lack of such. I agree that the overheating will be highly unlikely save for some hot environments. I doubt many of these will be used near ecuator. Affluent clientele prefers to sit by the coast. In a giant air conditioned dumpster like San Francisco or further north/south.