Re: Rowing rowing down the ...

David Fritzinger
SubjectRe: Rowing rowing down the boat gently by the sea
FromDavid Fritzinger
Date03/01/2014 18:06 (03/01/2014 12:06)
Message-ID<dfritzin-039E5B.12061701032014@news.eternal-september.org>
FollowsLloyd E Parsons

In article <bnd4piF8j6kU1@mid.individual.net>, Lloyd E Parsons <lloydp21@live.com>wrote:

Lloyd E Parsons
On 2014-03-01 00:06:55 +0000, Nashton said:

Nashton
On 2014-02-24 6:18 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC

Nashton
On 2014-02-23 2:23 AM, Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC wrote:

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
With Audi you get (as expected) the cabin noise levels you'd expect from an american car (something as expected you've found lacking in VW).

Nashton
Really?

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Clarify. You are disputing which part of my statement

1. VW is on average is noiser than an audi.

2. audi cabin noise level are comparable to cabin noise level in an typical american sofa on wheels

Nashton
This one.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
If you are willing and can pay $70k for even better sound proofing: good for you. Not so good for your pocket.

Nashton
Thanks, I'll take that under consideration when I buy my RS 5 in a few years. And the Q7 was much more than $70k. In fact, optioned out, it was closer to $90k.

Brake Dive, Acceleration Squat, Body Roll Works LLC
Well, as americans say, you have a rich taste.

Nashton
Who doesn't.

Lloyd E Parsons
Lots of people Nasty. I have selective tastes in what/how I want to spend my money, cars aren't really high on the list.

That's for sure. I know a fair number of people who could drive most anything they want. One just bought Honda Accord. Another drives a used, first generation Porsche Boxter with his wife driving a 24 year old Honda Prelude. They could certainly afford more expensive cars, but cars just aren't high on their list of priorities, so long as they are reliable. [snip]