Re: As with our trolls, the...

Alan Baker
SubjectRe: As with our trolls, the problem wasn't the Mac Pro itself... It's the problem with the mor
FromAlan Baker
Date02/18/2014 00:23 (02/17/2014 15:23)
Message-ID<ldu5l5$5ku$1@news.datemas.de>
FollowsDavid Fritzinger

On 2014-02-17 19:33:24 +0000, David Fritzinger said:

-hh
So its in the rough ballpark to be plausible. However, the better part of judgement still is in believing:

Nashton
If you think any NA junk can beat quattro, you're dumber that we thought you were.

-hh
...because while one might have "All Wheel Go", EVERYONE has "All Wheel Stop". Perhaps Nicky needs to go re-read the section in the Audi Owner's Manual that IIRC almost literally says "but you still can't disobey the laws of Physics".

David Fritzinger
That is a comment I have been making for years.

-hh
Its been quite awhile since I've been stupid enough to purposefully venture out in really crappy conditions. Perk of the job :-) In any event, it isn't all too rare to see behemoth SUVs upside-down in the highway median, which in some instances was the very same one that blew past twenty minutes earlier, moving at twice the safe maximum velocity for the road conditions. Some years ago, a colleague ("JM") holds what we believe to be the office record, namely three such 'flippers' during but a single evening's commute drive home.

David Fritzinger
A while ago, I lived in Salt Lake City, and had to use one of the Interstates to commute to work. Whenever we had a snow storm, It seemed that most of the vehicles that were sitting on the side of the road, off the breakdown lane and into the weeds, were SUVs and Four Wheel Drive trucks. It seems that most people don't realize that, while their 4WD vehicle will go better on snowy and icy roads, it won't turn or stop any better.

I've spent a good part of the last 10 years as a part-time ski instructor and that understanding of physics thing came in very handy...

...when I was successfully negotiating the ice-and-snow-(and slush and rain; this IS Vancouver after all)-covered roads to and from the mountain while many SUV drivers found themselves in the ditch.

-)